jueves, 22 de noviembre de 2007

Assignment 3 - A work of art

Madonna of rocks
Leonardo da Vinci

This portrait is a masterpiece painted by Leonard da Vinci.

In this picture, we can see Virgin Mary, Uriel (with his pointed fingers), baby John and baby Jesus. This painting was one of the most intriguing religious scenes to date, and of course, it caused a lot of commotion: because of its complex symbols of Christianity.

I saw for the first time this piece of art when I was 15 years old: I don’t remember where I saw it, but I know that it caused me a lot of things for the first time: I was so impress of the beauty of the faces, body, rocks, etc. Every little detail was painted with the same technique: “sfumato”. I even didn’t kew who was the artist, but since that, I was converted into a fan of that masterpiece: I remember that I bought a paper-copy of that art piece, and i put it in the front of my book.

Since today I enjoy watching this picture, not only because the beauty of it, I think I enjoy it so much because It makes me remember about when I was a teenager

No hay comentarios: